Damage Waiver Agreement
Upon Check-In a written agreement, consent, and signature is required for stay. There will be a hold on a credit card with background check to ensure company protection against damages as listed below.
Terms and Conditions:
- Guest is responsible for charges over and above $2,500.
- Acts of God and other forms of Natural Disaster are not covered.
- Damage or loss caused by pets or any animal brought onto the premises is not covered. This will ensure termination of stay, loss of deposits, and banning from the premises, beach front, and future stays.
- Damage plan does not cover loss of use of the property.
- See Rental Agreement for full rules of the property.
- Coverage includes accidental damages only.
- Damage caused by acts of violence or malicious acts will not be covered.
- Damage is limited to the rental condo you are occupying under the terms of your confirmation, rental agreement, damage waiver and does not cover any other structure.
- Coverage includes the interior of the unit including furnishings, appliances and other fixtures. Any malfunction with appliances such as Nest Thermostats should be reported immediately.
- Coverage includes limited damage to the exterior including porches, property, and amenities.
- Guest’s personal items such as luggage, clothing, electronics or any other items that are not a part of the rental property are not covered under this coverage.
- Vehicles are considered personal and are not covered.
- Damage must be reported to the front office immediately for coverage to be in effect. Located in-between the two buildings and in front of the pool.
Damage Waiver Effective Time:
- The damage waiver takes effect on the date and time of check in upon the signature of the waiver and terminates at 10:00 am the day of check out or at the time of guest departure whichever occurs first.
- Damage Waiver Agreement must be secured for prior to taking occupancy of your rental unit and is nonrefundable after check in.
“Guest” means only those persons registered or booked to share the same accommodations, or who are under affiliated with the primary guest that has been covered with the following damage waiver.
How to Notify Staff Regarding Damages:
- Please report any damage to the unit as soon as it occurs so we may be able to assess and/or minimize the extent of the damages.
- We may need to contact additional personal about actions to take, so time is critical.
- The Damage Waiver is valid ONLY if the incident is reported PRIOR TO CHECK OUT.
- The Damage Waiver becomes void upon departure, and any damage found by Smugglers Cove will be the sole responsibility of the guest who incurred the damage.
- Guest agrees in the event that legal action is required for the enforcement of this plan that all disputes will be settled by arbitration.
- All guests will still be required to provide a credit card at check in for incidental charges incurred during your stay such as telephone or other miscellaneous charges.
- This plan is provided and administrated by Smugglers Cove Condominiums.
- This plan is not an insurance policy.